Thursday, June 6, 2024

Action Figure #215: Marvel Legends Spinneret(Renew Your Vows)

  This is how you do a meta-Mary Jane.

 Me, like many, MANY other Spider-man fans felt personally betrayed by Marvel when the idiot of Quesada broke him and Mary Jane up. I gave up Spider-man until Scarlet Spider(Kaine) came out... and now that I'm reading it again.... jesus, the quality went downwards fast afterwards, back to a loser Peter with no family, what nobody wanted. Even the numbers show the truth, Spider-man lost sales. Heck, now Ultimate Spider-man, with an older, mature and married Peter is selling like hot pancakes, because it's what EVERYONE wanted but Marvel refuses to listen to the fans. But before Ultimate Spider-man(2024), we had Renew Your Vows, and during it's second volume, Mary Jane took the mantle of Spinneret, since she could borrow Peter's powers. 
 I'm not gonna lie, Spinneret was a huge reason as to why I got this double pack, maybe even more than Peter himself. She comes with an alternate unmasked head... that is identical to the one I use on her, but I liked this one colors best... now where did this head come from? I guess we'll find out later(Spoilers!). That aside, I really like her white and red design, it looks very different from all the other Spider-people, but the web-design on her torso is reminiscent of Peter, so you can tell that they are deeply related. She's on Shriek's mold.
 She's on the Shriek mold, so she's one of the most articulated Marvel Legends female figures out there.
 I really like this figure, she's great, and until I got the Civilian Mary Jane, she was my way to display Mary Jane.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment