Thursday, June 13, 2024

Action Figure #306: Marvel Legends Ronan the Accuser

 J'accuse...!
 I did mention how I really was into Cosmic Marvel circa 2006 with the Guardians of the Galaxy run of the time, War of Kings, Annihilation Wave, etc? Well, this comics introduced me to one of my favorite Marvel Characters: Ronan the Accuser!
 They absolutely nailed his look, the different greens, the square head, his armor.... this guy looks exactly as if he came straight out of the comic book. His hammer feels made out of hollow plastic, so he can hold it no problem, wait, did I call it hammer? I meant his Universal Tool! Everything about him looks fantastic...
 But those shoulder pads, man.... if you want to get ANY range on his arms, you are going to have to unplug them from their sockets. When I pose him, I usually just take the peg off from the socket in the front, but leave it plugged in on the back so that he at least has the pauldrons on the arms, as weird as they could look. Another thing to keep in mind is that spinning his hands will have you stressing the plastic on the gauntlets, because part of this pieces hoover over the hands. It's definitely not their best engineered figure. He also has a skirt that prevents his legs from moving forwards too far.
 I love Ronan, I love how this figure looks, but... He is kind of a hassle to pose around. Ronan has never been the more agile guy in comics, but... c'mon, they could've done better. At least the figure looks great, wish I could play with him, however.
5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment