Friday, June 14, 2024

Action Figure #343: Marvel Legends Beetle(Absorbing Man Wave)

  Were the beetles one of the plagues? Because there sure are many!

 Whaaaaaat another gender swap that keeps the same name? Surely I'm about to rant about this Beetle! Well, I will not. By the time Tombstone's daughter picked up the Beetle mantle, Abner was already using the Mach-X title, so I've no complaints about it.
 You could say she's practically a Wasp recolor and you'd be right. Her pelvis has this puffy ends on them, but otherwise it's the same figure, down to the hands. She's painted in a much darker, les shinier, green than Abner, but the purple retains the metallic shine. I really like how both figures look together, even if they never did work together!
 Typical female Marvel Legends articulation. What I'd like to add is that one of the wing pegs has lost some of it's tightness, so some of her wings have a harder time remaining in place.
 I don't think she turned out quite as good as the original Beetle, mainly because I liked the colors they used on him better and the fact that as a male figure he has more articulation, but she's still a nice figure to have. You can pair her up with Boomerang, Speed Demon and Shocker to complete the superior foes of Spider-man!
7.0


No comments:

Post a Comment