Saturday, June 15, 2024

Action Figure #370: Marvel Legends Ms. Marvel(WarBird/Captain America/Radioactive Man 3-Pack)

  It's plane? No, it's a Bird? No, it's a Warbird!

 Call her Ms. Marvel or Warbird, this is probably Carol Danvers most iconic look. So... I know a new Warbird, featuring the brand new female buck is coming out... but she's a target exclusive, scalpers everywhere.... but, BUT, it also made this old figure go down in price, and I've been needing a Warbird figure for a long, looooooong time, as she wore this costume when she was in the Avengers alongside Spidey!
 This Ms. Marvel figure is cast in the Gamora muscular sculpt, which is the right buck for her. I love how the black looks, and her thunder icon is painted in metallic gold, which looks great. That said... I think I would've preferred a yellower yellow on her hair. For some reason, there are plenty of paint splotches all over the figure, which is a bit disappointing. Being an older figure, she also has that empty look in her face that so many of Hasbro's older female figures have. 
 Being cast on this mold also means... yeah, the left arm feels as if it's stressing the shoulder peg every time I lift her arm. I'm going to glue it on to her, and since she has single-jointed elbows it won't affect her articulation. She's as tall as Bucky Cap, which fits her very well.
 As seen in this phot.. she has some lipstick paint on her right cheek, there ere flesh splotches of pain on her gloves, and some black paint on the side of her breast. It feels as if she was painted a bit haphazardy.
 Not the best action figure, but in case I don't get my hands on the new Warbird for a reasonable price... she'll work in my displays.
6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment