Thursday, June 13, 2024

Action Figure #320: Marvel Legends Deadpool(Retro-Carded)

  Thankfully he can't talk.

 I liked Deadpool before he was popular! No, really, I liked the mini-series drawn by my favorite comic book artist Joe Madureira way back when, and I instantly fell in love with the character. I was so happy when he became popular and started appearing everywhere... and then Marvel just burned me out on him so quickly.
 I really love this look. I hate the sock-mask look, but this? This looks almost exactly like how Joe Madureira drew him. While using metallic grey for the grey parts of his costume was a curious choice... it is still similar to Joe's grey, so I don't mind. The guy was sculpted on the Sunfire Mold, which I think is perfect for him. That said... his Katana are tiny, and the trigger fingers, the only hands he comes with, can't hold them very well, which is rather disappointing.
 Since he uses the Sunfire Mold, this guy is highly articulated, and about as tall as the Bucky Cap mold.
 If only he had come with better gripping hands... but that aside, this is a fantastic representation of my favorite version of Deadpool: Before he was famous.
9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment