Thursday, June 13, 2024

Action Figure #325: Marvel Legends The Void

  He looks like a giant cockroach.

 The Void is what The Sentry keeps inside himself, it's the one drawback to his obscene overpoweredness. This was the second BAF I ever completed myself, and he was... disappoint to say the least, but... was it the.... the weather?!
 So, the guy is massive, and he is cast in a reddish maroon translucent plastic that gets more translucent as it gets to the extremes of his body. It's a nice effect, and he reminds me of coke-cola gummies! Do be careful, as the tentacles on his back LOVE to get loose and fall down, I should just glue them on once and for all. Anyways, here's the deal with the figure... When I first got him he was gummy as all hell, and his frail, wobbly legs couldn't hold a single pose. And yet.... when it came to posing him now.... I COULD STAND HIM UP NO PROBLEM!! I figure that... I got him during summer, so maybe his joints were extra soft, and now it's Winter, so it being colder, makes his joins harder, and thus, he holds his poses better. I think it tracks.
 For such a big guy, he matches Bucky Cap's articulation, save the torso, in which he has a ball-jointed ab-crunch. I'm still surprised at how many poses I got him to hold this time around!
 I'm going to be fair with the figure, as... he was pretty darn decent this time around! But if a bit of warmth in the atmosphere makes him loose his footing, literally, that's something to keep in mind.
6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment