Friday, June 14, 2024

Action Figure #346: Marvel Legends Kang the Conquerer

  Marvel's most convoluted character.

 I could try to explain to you how Kang the Conqueror and his numerous incarnations, some heroic, work, but we'd be here the entire day and I probably would do a terrible job at it... so let's just get on with it. 
 I LOVE HOW THIS GUY LOOKS. I mean, he is very much a classic silver age comic book villain, the typical green and purple color that worked on the printers limitations to make villains stand out against the heroes, as well as a blue face for no reason whatsoever. But despite how cheesy it is, I love how he looks, the robes, the serious expression on his face, the oversized gun... I love playing around with this figure.
 He is, however, cursed with the female Marvel Legends articulation curse, so single jointed elbows and not ab crunch, but a ball-joint on the waist. It's also worth mentioning that the triangular cut on his robes means that he loses a bit of range on his arms, but it's not too bad.
 I'm indifferent towards Kang, the character, but for whatever reason I adore this figure. Any excuse to display him is a good one.
8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment