Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Action Figure #298: Marvel Legends Magik

 Got a black magic woman!

 Allow me to introduce you to Magik, a character I discovered during Renegade Cyclops' run and instantly fell in love with her. I loved how she was practically Cyclops' right hand woman, and they had a strictly platonic relationship in which they both trusted each other. Afterwards I learned more about her and sought more comics in which the two of them interacted!
 Oof... Yes, it is, the return of the dreaded female teenage buck. No, this doesn't suit her, I've seen her drawn as tall as Kitty or Emma, maybe slightly shorter, but definitely not teenage short. At least they did a lot of new sculpting, from the giant belt, the boots, the armored arm, her top... there's a lot of new stuff on her, and I like it, but this buck is not the right buck for her. She comes with a ton of accessories.
 As per usual, the articulation on this buck is not very good, particularly on the legs. C'mon, just redo her already.
 I only like this figure on the basis that I love Magik, but this is not the right buck for her, she needs, nay, deserves something better.
 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment