Saturday, June 15, 2024

Action Figure #354: Marvel Legends Tarantula

  This is not a member of the Spider-Family

 Tarantula is a fairly obscure Spider-man villain, but... I kinda liked him the moment I saw him. He made his first appearance attacking a boat Peter, MJ and Flash had boarded, and if I remember correctly... I think he actually managed to score a draw against Spider-Man thanks to his poison boot stings! That aside, he was never a big player, but for whatever reason, I grew attached to the guy!
 Well... the good news is that I think they nailed the look. The black design on his red body was done perfectly, and I like how the stingers on his boots look. I also think the cocky smile on his face is perfect. But.... they made his bandana blue. And sure, his bandana LOOKED blue, due to how they painted black at the time, sometimes... but so did his gloves and boots. Look up any picture of him, and if the bandana is painted blue, it will be black in the middle of his eyes and you'll see some blues on top of the other black pieces of his costume. So either EVERYTHING should've been black OR everything should've been blue WITH black. Why they went with this is beyond me, but it's wrong and it looks silly.
 He's on the Sunfire mold, so he's articulation is excellent. He is as tall as Bucky Cap.
 Really? Who... who came up with the blue bandana? I mean, I don't know what reference photos they used, but there's no way they didn't notice it was meant to be black. It sucks, because the rest of the figure is just what I wanted out of Tarantula.
7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment