Saturday, June 15, 2024

Action Figure #372: S.H. Figuarts Ultimate Gohan Super Hero

  Hulk's anime counterpart.

 Being my favorite Dragon Ball character, it just makes sense that I needed a S.H. Figuarts of my boy, Gohan. I would've preferred Ultimate Gohan, but Ultimate Gohan Super Hero will have to do. He is wearing Piccolo's gi, so there's some charm to this look too.
 This is an excellent action figure. As soon as I pulled him out of the box, man, oh man, the guy was so much fun to play with. Starting with how incredible his sculpt is, he looks as if he was ripped straight out of Toriyama's pages. He also feels so good in one's hands, it's amazing. Mine has a teeny tiny issue in which one of his sideburns doesn't reach the edge of the faceplate I like by about a millimeter. I can live with it. Or I could paint it myself. The only complaint I have with his sculpt is that, just like many other Figuarts.. he is kinda gappy depending on how you toy with his arms.
 The articulation is excellent, I just can't drop the guy. Everything feels buttery smooth, and he holds his poses SO well. One thing to keep in mind... the butterfly joints feel, and look, as if they could rotate... but don't. I looked up videos and promotional images, but no, those butterfly joints DO NOT rotate more than a bit. This also means that you can't get perfectly straight raised arms, due to the shape of this butterfly joint. It's not a big deal, not at all, but something to keep in mind.
 This is what I mean with a potentially gappy torso.
 And this is how the butterfly joints look. They look as if they could rotate, but they don't.
  Among all my Figuarts, which aren't many... this one is my new favorite. It's fun to pose, fun to play with and the guy looks absolutely amazing, there's just so much detail sculpted into the guy.
10

No comments:

Post a Comment