Monday, June 10, 2024

Action Figure #234: Marvel Legends Ghost-Spider(Venompool Wave)

  Back in black, Gwen Stacy version.

 Eh, I don't know how I feel about Ghost-Spider. Like, I think it was an interesting What If...?, but then the whole Gwen-alternates became a thing and... I don't know, comic books can be weird, and they can definitely run concepts to the grown.
 That said, I like Ghost-Spider's design, and this is the Venomized version of her, Gwenom, if you will. I think her sculpt is fantastic, even if the pointy ballet shoes look a bit out of place with the rest of her look. I particularly like the long tongue, it's fun to wrap it around her as you play around with the figure. The edgy hood, the claws, the spikes... she's an edgy fig, and I dig the look
 On the articulation side of things... she's on the female teen buck, and... it's not a very good buck. Female figures have always gotten the short end of the stick, and this one has a rather annoying issue with the legs: They can't go very high up. It absolutely kills how many poses she can do. And, as per usual with female figures, single jointed elbows and no waist swivel, just a ball-jointed torso. I also feel like she shouldn't have been done in this mold, because it makes her much shorter than other characters such as Peter, and she really shouldn't be that short.
 The design is fun, the tongue is a great appendage to toy around with.... but man, it just had to be this mold.

5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment