Monday, June 10, 2024

Action Figure #231: Marvel Legends Prowler(Lizard Wave)

  Time to go on the prowl.

 The Prowler much like Rocket Racer and Puma, was introduced in Spider-man as a supporting character, but would branch out in the 80's in sort of an anti-heroesque role. Nowadays, his Ultimate counterpart has grown more popular than Hobe Brown since he is Miles' Uncle, and Hobe is now better known for his Spider-Punk elseworld version!
 I don't know if McFarlane ever mentioned it, but I'm sure Prowler was an influence on Spawn, McFarlane himself even drew him a few times! He is painted in the usual purple and green that villains used to strut back in the era, but I think it looks good on him! This is clearly Prowler's classic design, so it looks a bit puffy rather than the more modern, sleeker designs he's rocking nowadays. Still, I like the guy. I like the clawed hands, I like the rivet-y details on his gloves and boots.
 He is rocking the Spidey-UK mold, so he is slightly larger than the Bucky Cap mold, but just as articulated.
 This is a good figure. There's a new Prowler figure rocking this mold, but with brighter hues since it's based on the TAS version. I think I like this version better.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment