Saturday, June 8, 2024

Action Figure #222: Marvel Legends Apocalypse(Retro-Carded)

  Am I the only one who thinks the blue pattern on his head makes it look as if he was balding?

 There were about three different options when it came to getting Apocalypse, this retro-carded version being the cheapest. But he also came with a gun arm that I thought was really good, and... the blue on his head didn't resemble a balding head as much.
 Well, height-wise he is pretty tall, which I like, the sculpting is very accurate to the animated series, but there's a reason he is so cheap. He is purple. It's not the most badass of color schemes, y'know, so I get it, I get it why he didn't sell as much... but joke's on them, I grew up with the animated series, so while I don't think the purple is all that badass... it still tickles my nostalgia! Among the Apocalypse figures, he is the only one that comes with the gun-arm, the other one have melee weapons, so I figured I could handle the purple. And... yeah, I think he looks good in my collection.
 For a big guy, the fact that he matches Bucky Cap in articulation is pretty cool, even if he has single-jointed elbows. His biggest flaw is that he is a bit gummy, particularly on the knees. That said, as wobbly as he can be, I have managed to pose him walking, as seen above, as well as shooting in a more lungey-pose, so it's not terrible by any means.
 Not the best giant figure Hasbro has done, but I think he is a decent Apocalypse fig. More die-hard comicbook fans will probably fuss about the purple more than me, but if you don't mind... here's your cheap Apocalypse!
6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment