Friday, May 31, 2024

Action Figure #98: Marvel Legends X-Man

  Not the whole team, just the one guy, the X-Man.

 I was first introduced to X-Man through a very old action figure, and thanks to it I learned all about him and Cable and their relationship, and that guy was among my favorite action figures, I regularly made him the hero of my stories, so believe me, I've been wanting an action figure of this guy for a long time.
 ...but not like this. The sculpt is not super terrible, but the jacket adds enough dimension to him to as making him look very top-heavy, and I don't think the sleeves were well designed at all, so it looks as if he has tiny hands. No matter how you look at him, something looks off, and it's very irksome! His face also looks too stern and too old, this figure is based on X-Man's first appearance, when he first crossed over from Apocalypse' era, so he should be more Peter's age, more of a teen than a battle-hardened warrior.
 The articulation is just a basic Bucky-Cap mold. He's as tall as one too.
 In one word... disappointing. There's nothing completely horrible about the figure, but from the waist up... he just looks odd, man. He also looks to old... I don't know, he seems uninspired.
5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment