Friday, May 31, 2024

Action Figure #82: DC Universe Classics StarFire(Space Heroes 2-Pack)

 Seems StarFire has been on a diet.

 First, let me get this out of the way... I don't actually own Adam Strange, so I'll only write about StarFire... again! Not content with having one StarFire, I needed another one!
 True to the "Classics" moniker, this is a more classic StarFire design than the one I wrote about before. So... yeah, she's wearing her classic, skimpy purple swimsuit. Look, I hate fanservice, alright? I do, it's one of the reasons I stopped reading manga for a long while.... but this sculpt isn't StarFire. She's supposed to be voluptuous, but there's nothing voluptuous about her. Even her legs are so tiny, and she has no butt whatsover, and almost no muscle tone. I tend to picture StarFire as more Amazonian, but she's kinda short too. Once again, not every figure needs to be 'sexy', but that's sort of one of StarFire's main characteristics, for good or bad, and this figure doesn't even do her justice, she looks like a toy.
 Female figures always get the short end of the stick, at least the American ones, and this is no exception. Ab crunch is nearly non-existent, and her joints don't have much range. She's also shorter than the Bucky-Cap mold, which is... I don't like it.
 I don't think she's a very good figure. She's resembles StarFire, but it's not a very good representation of her. Mattel's Multiverse rerelease is much better in every way, she's even the appropriate height, and her limbs have much better thickness. It's kinda depressing to think that at some point this was the only 6 inch StarFire you could have.

4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment