Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #10: S. H. Figuarts Sailor Venus

 Fly me to the mo--I mean, Venus, fly me to Venus.

 Are we a Sailor Moon blog now? Maybe, enter my favorite Sailor Senshi, Sailor Venus! So, why is she my favorite? The Orange sailor fuku, obviously! I watched the series when I was younger, but I remember I always picked her in the SNES and Arcade Fighters and beat'em ups.
 She's really cool! The articulation is a bit limited for Figuarts standards, featuring simple, ball-jointed elbows and knees, she can barely get some torso articulation, and you can slightly twist her legs and arms sine they sit on ball joints, but only ever so slightly. You can pull down either leg for more range of movement. It's very basic, but it works for me, y'know?
 Accessory wise, she comes with a bunch of alternate hands, and an optional glasses eyepiece for when she hid her identity. She also comes with a base and Artemis, the white cat. She is an old figure, Figuarts even redid their entire Sailor Moon line, but I prefer this one with the more saturated colors over the new release. I broke one of the hand-pegs when pulling it out... but I just glued it. It's not like I'll ever change her hands anyways! She stands a bit shorter than a Bucky-Cap Marvel Legends, as you'd expect. OH! And she hides two separate strands of hair beneath her hair, so that you can extend her hair sideways for more actiony poses. I had never seen this kind of feature on a figure before, and it's so cool!
 I'm quite happy with this figure. While he articulation is a bit lackluster, she looks great, I love how much her colors pop.
 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment