Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #4: DC Direct - First Apperance Batgirl(Cassandra Cain)

  I always wondered how to breathed through her mask.

 Cassandra Cain has always been my favorite Batgirl so I've been looking to add a 6-inch figure of her into my collection. I purchased this one by accident, as I thought I was getting the one that has the more DC Universe Classics articulation, but at least she gets the job done, I guess.
 She comes with a Batarang, a base and a complete mini-comicbook of her first appearance. Upon first seeing her, she looks... decent. Her head is a tad too large for her body, which still throws me off every time I see it, but I think her oversized yellow belt, which can be turned around, looks pretty striking. I don't know if every figure comes like this one, but she was new-in-box, and her legs were warped, so she has a hard time standing without her base. I had the same issue with DC Direct's Damian Wayne, but with a bit of hot water I managed to somewhat fix him, so some day I'll get around doing the same thing for her.  
 Her articulation is... pathetic. Her legs can only move forwards and backwards, but she barely has any range forward. Single jointed knees and elbows, and her hands can swivel, for whatever good it does you. Her torso can turn around, and her arms have forwards and backwards movement, and they can BARELY move to the sides. Honestly, she makes the DC Direct Aquaman figure I wrote about earlier seem super articulated. She's about as tall as a Marvel Legends, which works better for the DC Universe line so that she'll look shorter, and she's supposed to be a short girl, so it works. That said, her heard is too large, even larger than a Marvel Legends.
 Having a figure of Cassandra is better than having no figure at all, for sure, but... c'mon, this release is not very good. The proportions are off, the legs can barely hold her up without her base, and the articulation is almost non-existent.

3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment