Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #9: DC Universe Classics Superboy

  Ain't that super.

 Time for another figure that I really, really like, Superboy! This was Con-El's first look, it's very 90's and I've always loved it. This was the very same looked that faced off against Ben Reilly in the one issue of DC Vs Marvel I owned when I was younger.
 The sculpt is pretty cool, he features the basic articulation of any other DCU figure, and he comes with a hard rubber jacket. I would've preferred a more neutral look to the jacket, but the flowy design does make him look a bit more dynamic. I purchased the figure new in box, but the legs are already showing stretch marks if I push them too much to the sides, and they are a bit loose too, which scares me a bit since I had other DCU figures legs' break on me already, even a Riddler that I also purchased unopened(Spoilers!).
 The guy is slightly shorter than a Bucky-cap Marvel Legends, which means he is shorter than the average DCU action figure, which suits him just fine since he is a teenager.
 I honestly adore this Superboy design, and I think Mattel nailed the look in plastic perfectly. The legs are a bit wonky, which is a bit scary, but otherwise, he is fantastic.
 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment