Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #67: DC Universe Classics Golden Pharaoh

 I bet you've never read about him.

 The Golden Pharaoh is super interesting because he is not REALLY a DC character, but rather, a 100% original figure that is paying tribute to the very first DC line of action figures.
 So... the sculpt is your usual DCUC affair, but he is painted gold, and he has some weird translucent purple thingies on his arms and neck. Honestly, I knew nothing about the character, I just thought he looked cool.
 But the problem lies with the articulation. See those black bruises on his upper arms in the photos? The arms are TOO tight, so they keep having friction with the shoulders, which in turn damages the paint. I don't know if it's just my Pharaoh or all of them... but it kinda sucks. He is slightly taller than a real Bucky-Cap mold.
 Honestly, he looks really good, but the arm articulation left a lot to be desired.

5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment