Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #58: Marvel Legends Star-Lord(Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack)

 The coolest mask in the history of Cosmic stories.

 And now, we finally get to the leader of the team, Star-Lord! To be fair, the figure I own is the stand-alone release, which you tell because his boots are completely black instead of brown and black, but since I've been using this photo for so long, might as well stick with it!
 He looks great! Most of his sculpt is borrowed from Ghost Rider(Or did Ghost Rider come first?), but it's a smart reuse and it looks really good on him. But the most important piece of Star-Lord has always been his mask, and they brought it to plastic perfectly.
 The articulation gave me no troubles, and you can get a ton of good-looking, gun-tooting poses from him, I even managed to balance him on one leg! He's way, WAY taller than the Bucky-Cap mold and.... I don't think this quite works for him. Peter Quill should be of average height, so, yeah, he looks a bit weird standing next to other heroes. Heck, I think Gamora should be taller than him. 
 Star-Lord is a good figure, but I don't think he should be THIS tall. And it is a bit irksome because he is taller than the average Marvel Legends hero, which he shouldn't. That aside, the sculpt is great, so he does look the part of Star-Lord.... a tall Star-Lord.
 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment