Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #55: D-Arts Alisa Amiella

 For dinner we've got god.

 Remember Gods Eater Burst? I wrote about the game a few years ago! Well, it was only last month when I discovered that Alisia Amiella had a figure, a pretty old figure made by D-Arts, which would eventually become, or fuse with I'm not sure, S. H. Figuarts!

 Aesthetically the figure is great, she looks exactly like she does in the game, and while her articulation is clearly outdated in comparison to Figuarts, she's still got a lot of range of movement everywhere. Much like Sailor Mars she's got tiny heels, but she's easier to balance. I've always disliked Japanese action figures because they fall apart, and.... well, her left arm tends to go out when I move it backwards. I think I might use a tiny bit of glue to hold it in place. She might lose some motion, but seeing how the ball-joint works.... It shouldn't be too bad.
 She's got another tiny issue... as beautifully sculpted as her sword is... She can't hold it. It's too heavy! This is why she comes with a stand for it. As a matter of fact, it's so heavy that not even Zemo can hold it without having his hand turn downwards! With her hat on, she's almost as tall as the Bucky-Cap mold.
 She's got some small issues, but... she's a beautiful figure. Although not being able to hold her own damn weapon might be a big one, but at least I've been able to give her other swords with no issue. Overall, I like her a lot.
8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment