Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #61: Marvel Legends Black Panther(Shuri)(Black Panther Klaw double pack)

  This cat's got claws. And a spear.

 Well, time for another character I know nothing about but I liked how she looked, in this case, Black Panther(Shuri). I've never been much of a fan of Black Panther because I don't like tribal characters, but damnit, if I don't like how they look, so of course, I needed Shuri. I think she's only appeared in like 3 of all the Avengers comics I've read, so... yeah, my knowledge about her is null.
 But she looks pretty cool, eh? I accidentally posed her with Kraven's spear, but no biggie, as they are identical in everything but coloring. The sculpt is fine, for the most part, except that they used that Scarlet Witch buck I mentioned during my Storm musings, the one that is hard to stand. Luckily this one doesn't have such a heavy head, so posing her is easier. Speaking of her head, it gets out of its peg a bit too easily for my liking. But the biggest issue with the figure? When it time to give her a belt, they reused an X-Men belt, so it has a giant brown X in the middle! She also comes with a cape that rests on her shoulders.... so it's not very posing friendly unless she's in a more neutral stance.
 Articulation-wise there's nothing to add, I had no issues with any joints. As for her height, she is slightly taller than the Bucky/Cap mold, which I don't really like since she's T'Challa's younger sister, so I pictured her being a bit shorter. I think, while I would've posed her with this head all the time, I would've actually included an unmasked head. I think she could look very imposing, in a queenly way, with the cape AND an unmasked head.
 She's a decent figure, and I like having a Female Black Panther among my BP figures(Spoilers!) and I know I said I wasn't a fan of BP, but he looks cool, alright?
7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment