Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #19: DC Icons Nightwing

 This makes him DoubleWing.
 Well, this one was actually the first 6 inch Nightwing figure I purchased, but the second Nightwing figure overall after I found out that McFarlane's figures were in the 7-inch scale. He was a fun figure to own... even if he was slightly short!
 Articulation wise, this one blows the DCU figure out of the water. The legs feature drop-down joints to get more range, you get a diaphragm joint as well as a swivel torso, and his arms can swivel on like 3 different areas. You also got a ton of different hands, as well as two kali sticks... although they are a bit too thin and may slip down his hands depending on how he holds them.
 Aesthetically he looks really nice, although on some angles his head can look a bit too... squarish. It's not too bad, but it can look awkward on some angles. His only real downside is that he is a bit too short, so he is dwarfed by both Marvel Legends and DCUC figures. I mean, he is still on the same scale, so he doesn't look terrible next to them, but say you stand him next to a DCUC Robin... now suddenly Nightwing looks younger!
 I was quite happy with him, for a while he was my only DC figure. But either next month or in July I'll be getting Mafex's Nightwing, so it'll be a good time to retire both of the Nightwings I own, but until then... This one is the one going back to my mother's house.
 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment