Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #70: Figma #563 - Demi-Fiend/Hito-Shura

 Just try to negotiate with him.

 Remember when I mentioned that Raidou Kuzunoha was one of my favorite SMT protagonists? The Demi-Fiend, also known as the Hito-Shura, is the other one. When I discovered that he had his very own action figure I went ballistic!
 The sculpt is really good, but not without its flaws. The butterfly joints look off, because you get this chunk of body that is lacking any sort of continuity with the markings, so it looks kinda off. Another thing is that his limbs feel a bit chunky, even stumpy... I mean, where are his ankles? And the weird shape of his shoes make him a bit hard to pose sometimes. And in my case, the torso ball joint was broken. Instead of wasting 30usd in getting more joints, I just found the best angle and glued it together. He lost some of the ab crunch, but not completely, so I'd say it was a success.
 The articulation is pretty smooth. I'm not a fan of Import figures, and these ball joints are a big reason why, because the only thing that holds the limbs together is, well, friction. I'm not a fan of that. Still, I had no issues getting him into the poses I wanted. He is quite shorter than a figuarts.
 If you asked me... I like the Hito-Shura slightly more than Raidou, but I like Raidou's figure more. Regardless, the Hito Shura is another top-notch figure that I love having in my collection.
 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment