Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #59: DC Multiverse Red Hood

  He should be called Red Helmet.

 Rounding up the Robins we've got Red Hood. I actually used to own the Nightwing/Red Hood two pack from McFarlane, but they were too out of scale with the rest of my figures, so I sold them. Aside from Invincible, I'd rather keep my collection to six inches... at least for humanoids.
 Well, this is not my favorite Red Hood design, and I think McFarlane did a much better job with the sculpt... but this is a 6-inch Red Hood figure, so I'll take him. That said... the guns are MOLDED into their holsters, so they can't be taken out. He even comes with trigger finger-hands, but no guns to hold! These hands weren't very functional, so I had to separate the trigger finger from the rest of the hand to make them work correctly. I'm having him sport the guns that McFarlane's Red Hood came with! He also came with a Red Hood head, but it doesn't look very good on him, because his neck is already short.
 Articulation is the basic Multiverse line articulation, so much like most figures who aren't Red Robin, he has single-jointed elbows. He looks good, and once I got his trigger-finger hands working I was good to go, being able to equip him with the guns I had. As per usual, he is taller than the Bucky-cap buck, although I think he is a teeeeny tiny bit shorter than Red Robin.
 He is not the best Red Hood figure out there, but he is not half-bad. He looks good next to the rest of the Bad Family, which is all that matters.
7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment