Friday, May 31, 2024

Action Figure #108: Marvel Legends Mantis(Cosmo Wave)

   Not an actual mantis, thank god.

 I gave up. I gave up on ever having a comic accurate Mantis, and one that is accurate to the 2006's Guardians of the Galaxy comic. So I took the best next thing, the figure based on the movie that gave them uniforms that resemble the ones they wore in 2006!
 I'm not into MCU figure, I prefer my figures to be based on the comics, but she looks really good. As with the other MCU figures, there's a lot of texture to her costume, which makes her stand out against comic book Marvel figures, but if this is what I've got to do to have a Mantis, well, I'll take it. Her Antennas are a bit too soft, so expect them to bend and warp a lot.
 This is the standard Marvel Legends articulation... and that's a good thing, because female figures tend to get the shaft. But she's got a ball jointed-torso, as well as arm swivels, so you can do a lot of fun poses with her.
 Is it the Mantis I wanted? No. But she's good enough, y'know? She's a really good action figure, and if you squint a little... she could be a mixture of silver age Mantis, who was flesh-toned instead of green, and 2006's GoG's Mantis.
7.0


No comments:

Post a Comment