Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Action Figure #21: Marvel Legends Venom (Monster Venom Wave)

  He's got a venomous tongue. 

 Villain, Hero or Anti-Hero? Venom has been all of them, depending on when you ask. If I'm not mistaken, this was the first modern Venom figure that Hasbro released, and he was really good... for it's time.
 He uses the Grim Reaper mold, which makes him ever so slightly taller than the Bucky-Cap mold. He's got beefy, but gummy limbs, but, y'know, I never had any issues making him stand up. He looks very imposing next to the average Spider-man figure, but specially so if you use one of the smaller releases, like the basic Scarlet Spider or Spider-man 2099. I'd mention Pizza Spidey, but I don't own him!
 He comes with a tendril-y neck piece that you can remove, and since this figure isn't at home... I couldn't equip him with it! He also comes with an alternate head inspired by McFarlane's depiction of Eddie Brock.... and I'm not gonna lie, I'm not much of a fan of McFarlane's art, so I didn't really like the alternate head, but, hey, it's very faithful to the comic book!
 This is a very solid Venom. It's not my favorite Venom figure(Spoilers!), but the newer releases don't necessarily blow him out of the water, honestly. If you can't get any newer Venom, this one is still really good, the size is quite appropriate for him, and the overall look of the figure is great.
 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment