Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #12: DC Collectibles New 52 Supergirl

  She highlights her crotch, for some reason.

 New 52's Supergirl redesign was not, like, the most well-thought out of costumes, for whatever reason her crotch area was red... and I've never been a fan of the glorified swimsuits... But, for whatever reason, I really liked New 52's redesign. Something about the short hair and the more stylized costumes... I just dug it. 
 This is another one of those DC figures with poor articulation but brilliant sculpt. She looks amazing, she does, but there's no torso articulation, and the legs have a hard time moving forward due to the crotch cut. It's not horrible, but there aren't many poses you can get with the figure.
 She's slightly taller than your Bucky-Cap mold, which I think works for her, since she's one of the Kal El family, so she's gotta be strong and somewhat imposing, so I think it works really well.
 Much like the Aquaman figure I wrote about not so long ago... it's not half bad, but there's not much to play with here.
 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment