Friday, May 31, 2024

Action Figure #95: Loose Collector/Executive Replicas Betty Page(The Rocketeer 2-Pack)

 Any similarity to a real person... is a 100% intentional!

 Much like Guyver, the Rocketeer is a character that has been ingrained in my memories ever since I could remember, but I don't know why or how... so I probably watched the movie when I was a wee lad. I wasn't really interested in Betty Page's figure, but since it was the only way I could get this Rocketeer figure... well, here we are!
 The sculpt is nice, she actually wore this outfit at some point in the comics, so yeah, it fits. She's been made very voluptuous, and the paint is really good, there's a lot of shading that makes it stand out from similarly style Marvel Legends. That said, there's a weird block-part in her crotch that stands out when seeing her from the front, because while her booty shorts are black... the sides are flesh colored. Photo below.
 You'll immediately notice that her arms are kinda frail... and they are, the shoulder pegs, both of them, broke on me. Her arms are now glued to the swivel, so she can't turn them anymore. That issue aside, her articulation is decent. Leg and arm swivels, a ball joint on the torso, double jointed knees and elbows... it's good, really good. She's slightly taller than the Bucky-Cap.
 See? SEE?
 Look, it's not like I wanted this figure, OK? QC issues on her arms aside, she's alright.
5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment