Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #73: Marvel Legends Molten Man(Spider-man 5-Pack)

  He is not an Oscar!

 Molten Man was one of the earliest villains Spider-man faced back in highschool, and he'd go on to make sporadic appearances until he finally redeemed himself. He was never one of Spidey's main villains because of how little he was used, but hey, this five pack was all about scratching the bottom of the barrel!
 He uses the Sunfire buck, and comes equipped with Johnny Storm hands, heck. he can also wear the same fire effect on his back, but I couldn't be bothered to look out for it. He's entirely cast in gold, which I really like, because d'oh, I love yellow. He also wears a belt, for some reason, which is not quite accurate, but I'm not gonna complain about extra details or accessories. His face is showing some sort of smirk, which works great for Molten Man during his early villainous deeds, but I don't think it works quite as well for his redeemed self. 
 Well, the Sunfire buck is amazing, so this guy looks great. Yeah, nothing more to say about that! He's about a millimeter or two taller than the Bucky-Cap mold.
 As I've said countless times about some ML figures... they got the most juice that they could've gotten out of the character, so it's hard to fault them for such a basic figure. I mean, as much as I love his color, being so monochromatic makes him a tad boring. He's fine, y'know? He works great for a younger Spidey display.
6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment