Friday, May 31, 2024

Action Figure #81: Marvel Legends Hyperion(Hit-Monkey wave)

  Superman on speed.

 When I had to get my Hyperion fix the new figure was already out, but, I dunno, I liked this one a bit more., what can I say, I like the square jaw and the waist swivel.
 This guy looks great, he is exactly what I'd expect an evil Superman to be. Regardless, the sculpt is pure beefcake, which is exactly how this guy should look, and he has a cape that goes on one of his shoulders, and it sticks on a port on his back that is cleverly hidden between two pieces. I really like the red and yellow tones they picked for him. That said, he is clearly an old figure, so his face doesn't have the more realistic printing technology they use nowadays.
 Anything the Bucky-Cap mold can do, this guy can do as well. The cape is a bit more solid than per usual, so it will hinder some of his poseability, but not by much. This guy is, quite clearly, bigger than the Bucky-Cap mold.
 I really like this guy. Sure, he is a bit outdated, but I think he is the perfect Hyperion for my tastes.
 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment