Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #17: DC Universe Classics Nightwing

 Meet my favorite Superhero, Nightwing.

 Much like with videogames, how my favorite videogame was at some point Final Fantasy VII, then I went through a few others(Chrono Cross, Disgaea, Persona 4 and then, finally, back to FFVII), I took a detour with Nightwing at some point in my life. It started off with Batman, then Wolverine, then I discovered Nightwing, but afterwards, it was Deadpool, and then, by the time my personality had finally developed, it was back to my boy, Nightwing. I just love character development, I love how he goes from sidekick to his own identity independent from his adoptive father.
 The DCU rendition of the character is actually the second 6 inch figure I obtained of Nightwing, but I decided to go with this one first. He's good. The base body he uses is a bit too beefy for my liking, and his head is a bit flat, but that aside, he looks really nice. He's got the same articulation every other DCU figure has, plus, he comes with two Kali Sticks and holders on his back for them. Unlike other DCU figures, his leg side-movement is silky smooth.
 He's a good figure, he looks a bit stiff, as a lot of these figures look, but if he's the only Nightwing you can find, he's great. He's about as tall as a Marvel Legends too, and while I await my Mafex Nightwing, he's gonna be my main display 'wing.
 There's a maroon and red recolor of this figure floating around, meant to mimic the one time he pretended to work for DeathStroke. I wouldn't mind having him, but I'm in no hurry.
 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment