Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Action Figure #34: DC Universe Classics Aqualad

  Not my Aqualad.

 Young Justice was one of the best DC animated series ever made, and we finally got to see a Dick Grayson grow up again in an animated adaptation! I've always hated unnecessary race or sex swaps, but at least this Aqualad was meant to be his own character, he wasn't even pretending to be Garth, he didn't even have the same personality, this guy was named Kaldur and had his very own power set, personality and look. And he was amazing.
 And his figure is no exception. I would've liked him to be taller, but what we've got here is good enough, plus, this is first season Kaldur, so he is supposed to be younger... although I hate how he ends up being shorter than Nightwing because of this! That said, the sculpt is well done, and the face in particular captures his likeness really well.
 He comes with a really good amount of accessories, I purchased him used and he came with three translucent water weapons that look really cool. I actually hate that he comes with three, because I don't know which ones to use! He stands slightly shorter than the Bucky-cap mold.
 I really like this figure. It's the only Aqualad that Mattel produced, but at least it was a great one. He is slightly shorter than I would've liked, and you have to deal with DCUC figures' outdated articulation, but that aside, you can still get some decent poses out of him.
 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment