Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Action Figure #36: Marvel Legends Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack)

  I am Groot. We are Groot.

 Well, at some point in time I used to love the Guardians of the Galaxy, particularly the 2006 run, so it was only a matter of time before I got their figures, right? I wasn't aware they were part of a five pack, since I got all of them used, but we'll start with Groot
 He's a bit stiff, almost like a tree, heh, but you can get a few poses out of him. That said, Groot is supposed to be a slow-moving powerhouse, so it's not like he needs a ton of articulation, right? The hardest part is getting him to hold a pose with his stump-feet, but it's doable.
 The sculpt is phenomenal, he is really ugly, exactly like he was in the comic books! The bark-like texture is great too, he looks like a tree. A tree made out of plastic, but a tree nonetheless. He is very tall, towering over some of the larger Marvel Legends.
 Groot's good. He is not my favorite character ever, and this isn't the most dynamic action figure ever, but it gets the job done.
7.5


No comments:

Post a Comment