Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #11: Marvel Legends Cyclops (Warlock Wave)

  Not the one Ulysses fought.

 Back when I was younger, I preferred Wolverine over Cyclops. Heck, Wolverine was my favorite character, the amount of Wolverine toys I owned dwarfed any other, except maybe Batman. Then, during the 2010's I started reading X-Men comics and... Wolverine was an over-exposed hypocrite, while Cyclops was a badass. So... I needed my Cyclops fix, and I got this figure.
 Well... before the VHS Cyclops release(Spoilers!) he was a perfectly fine Cyclops figure. He used the tried and true Bucky-Cap mold, which fits him perfectly. that said, the leg straps are not sculpted nor glued, so they may fall down depending on how you play with him, which kinda sucks. The should straps are also loose, which I didn't really mind at the time, but VHS Cyclops shows how it can be done much better. My figure's legs are a bit loose, and from what I've seen online, it seems to be a common issue.
 Still, this is Jim Lee's Cyclops design, in my opinion, one of his best costumes, and he looks really, REALLY good in plastic. That said, I wish the Yellow that they used was more Yellow and less orange, on the flipside, the visor has a metallic hue that looks really nice on him.
 I'm not gonna lie, if I didn't own VHS Cyclops(Spoilers!!) I would've scored him much higher. He is a perfectly serviceable Cyclops figure, it's just that Hasbro released a much better update.
 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment