Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Action Figure #35: S. H. Figuarts Naruto - The Jinkurichi entrusted with hope

  This is my toy collecting way! Believe it!

 From one shonen protagonist to another, here comes Naruto Uzumaki! This is actually a sort of remake, because this is not the first Naruto figure Figuarts has produces, but it seems they have resurrected the line just as I got into collecting!
 Naruto is a bit more plasticky than other Figuarts I have handled, which is a bit scary since he feels a bit more fragile. He's got a hollow 'belt' like piece around his waist that seems particularly fragile, and the tails of his bandana seem as if they will break easily. That aside, the sculpt is really good, the articulation is very smooth, and I even managed to balance him on his open hand, once.
 He comes with a fair amount of accessories, although you have to be careful with the Kunai, because it doesn't split apart, so you have to finagle it into his hand. As per usual, I don't really play around with other parts once I've decided the ones I really like, but there's enough hands here to get him into some of his most popular poses. He is slightly shorter than a Buck Cap figure.
 Despite how plasticky he feels, Figuarts did a great job at adapting Naruto into an action figure form. He is certainly more anime-like than manga-like, but I figure adapting Kishimoto's style into plastic isn't so simple, and even then, most people consume anime over manga. Still, Naruto is an affordable, fun figure.
8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment