Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #13: Marvel Legends VHS Cyclops

  This one can't be rewinded.

 Allow me to present to you what I consider the best Cyclops figure ever made. Mafex isn't as bulky, and while the new X-Men '97 figure isn't cellshaded it doesn't have such a fantastic headsculpt as this one.
 This is an upgrade in every way, shape and form from the previous release. The Vulcan mold does wonders for his brother, Scott, since this is the right amount of bulk for a 90's Cyclops, the head sculpt is absolutely gorgeous, aptly conveying Scott's stern look, and you get a fair amount of hands to toy around with, unlike the previous release that didn't come with extra hands. The leg straps are put into the figure so that they don't come off, and neither do the chest straps, making for a fantastic figure that is fun to play with.
 Among my only complaints would be the cell-shading. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but I'd rather not have it. Some of his joints are a bit tight, even by now, so I applied some oil to his arms so that the arm-pegs wouldn't break from stress. Another little detail, the arms have cuts close to the hands, probably so that the piece can be swapped with other characters, and it's not too distracting, but I'd rather it not be there. As for height, it's slightly taller than the Bucky-Cap mold.
 Maybe it helps that I love Cyclops, but this is one of my favorite Marvel Legends out there. Every now and then I pick him up and fidget around with him.
10 

No comments:

Post a Comment