Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Action Figure #30: S. H. Figuarts Ichigo Kurosaki

  People think that Dragon Ball had a claim to spiky hair. They had no idea.

 Back in the day, I used to love Bleach. I have every DS game that was localized, the last PSP game, all the PS3 games... Bleach was amazing, and I loved Ichigo Kurosaki. Heck, to this day, Soul Society is my favorite Shonen Rescue arc, even more than the Nico Robin rescue arc. That said, something happened during the next arc, Las Noches... Kubo Tite proved that he is not a good writer, recycling ideas and story beats that he would even repeat on the final arc. Bleach turned formulaic, boring, and Ichigo had every single power that a character in Bleach could have.
 This action figure is based on Ichigo's Bankai form after the Fullbring saga. The sculpt itself looks really good, and they used a very soft-rubbery plastic for his coat, which doesn't hinder his articulation in any way. That said... his torso is VERY gappy, as shown in the photo above, in the right(wrong?) angles you can actually see through him. And his hair? It's super spiky, turning his head or swapping the face plate hurts!
 And you'll be grabbing his head a lot, because every time you turn his head, the faceplate will pop. I'm so tired that I'm considering gluing his face and hair on. It's not like I'm ever planning on swapping it, right? Another thing to keep in mind is that his sword is very long and made out of a very hard plastic, so it could probably break if you try to bend it. Oh! And for a change, he is actually taller than the Bucky cap mold.
 Clearly, this figure has issues, and yet.... and yet... I really like it. I don't know man, I really love how good he looks and how smooth playing around with him is. So, it might be a bit controversial, but despite how many issues he has... I still think he is a really good figure.
 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment