Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #75: MEDICOS Drifters Toyohisa Shimazu

  Oh, look, one of the reasons I don't like import figures.

 Well, I guess we'd have to arrive to Toyohisa Shimazu at some point, but I didn't expect it to be so early. This is the last import figure I own at the time of writing this, something that will change next week, so let's get on with it.
 Well, the good news is that the guy looks great, and the face sculpt manages to capture Hirano's art-style really well. There's a lot of shading in his paint which also looks really nice... it's a shame the skin tone on his hands doesn't match his face, however.
 Remember how I mentioned hating how Import Figures fall apart?... yeah. As I pose his hands around, sometimes they come off. A few times, the knee pads went out flying, so I had to glue them on. The result was lackluster, but at least they don't come off. The skirt-armor pieces love falling apart so much that I just took them off, which makes his torso look EVEN gappier than before. And the toe articulation is so pathetic that why is it even there? Speaking of his feet, the leg-armor prevents his feet from getting into a 90 degree angle from the leg, making him stand without looking stupid almost impossible.
 I hate this guy. I don't know why after this and Bring Arts Luminary One, who is so awful I don't think I'll cover him, I still decided to give Figuarts and Figma a chance. I hate it. Even though the guy can look so cool in certain poses.
1.5


No comments:

Post a Comment