Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Action Figure #14: Dragon Stars Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black

 Goku became fabulous.

 So I'm not the biggest fan of Dragon Ball Super, as a matter of fact, I kinda hate it. But, BUT, if there's one thing I like about it is how Goku Black Rose looks. The pink hair just looks so good, unlike the ridiculously named Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Blue's. So, before I descended into SH Figuarts, I collected a couple of Dragon Stars, hence, here we are.
 Something about the proportions look off, because his arms feel a tad too short. He's got bicep swivels and double jointed elbows. He has a ball-jointed waist which lets you twist him a bit, but not too much. The knees are double-jointed as well, but they look a bit weird depending on how you bend them, and depending on the angle, they can look rather gappy. Still, the worst bit about the articulation is that the legs sometimes come off, and putting them back in can be a bit of a hassle. I found it easier to put them back into their pegs by removing the torso so that the robes don't get in the way.
 While it sounded as if I had mostly complaints, I think that aesthetically the figure looks mostly pretty good. He comes with an alternate, translucent pink hand-energy-sword that I love, and the metallic pink they chose for his hair is glorious. Until I got his S. H. Figuarts counterpart I was quite happy with it. As for height, if you don't count the hair, he is a tad shorter than the Bucky-cap mold, BUT he actually ends up being taller thanks to the tips of his hair! 
 For the price, this figure is pretty alright. He is not as solid, as say, a Marvel Legends, but he gets the job done, y'know?
 5.5


No comments:

Post a Comment