Thursday, May 30, 2024

Action Figure #50: S. H. Figuarts Trunks - The Boy from the Future

  He's gonna take you back to the pas--wait, no, wrong song, he's GOING back to the past!

 Let me tell you about my three favorite Dragon Ball characters: Gohan, because of course, much like Nightwing, we get to see him grow up! Vegito, because he looks SO cool, and then there's Trunks, who also looks really cool and he gets a sword! The original release had a fair amount of issues, so I'm glad I wasn't into Figuarts at the time, because this way I managed to get the fixed reissue!
 Well, the sculpt is a bit curious. On the outset, this is a gorgeous rendition of Trunks, but once you get into the nitty-gritty... as you move him around, you'll notice that his torso can look quite gappy depending on how you pose them, pictured on the image above. The back of his jacket also looks weird, because it's divided into two halves that extend from the front, and a third piece on his back, which looks awkward. I doubt a proper jacket that covered his torso would've hindered the articulation in any way, but they still decided to go this route for whatever reason. Oh! And while most issues were, supposedly, fixed, the sword strap on mine keeps opening up, so I just don't use it.
 On the other hand, the articulation is buttery smooth, the guy is a joy to play around with, and you can have him posed on many different ways... just mind the gap! The ones in his torso I mean!
 While some bits about the figure are undeniably ugly, like the gappy torso... I just can't help but love this figure. He looks so cool, most of the time, and playing around with him feels so nice.

8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment