Saturday, September 21, 2024

Action Figure #430: S.H. Figuarts Makima

 Just woof like a dog.

 A few years ago I came across Fire Punch. It was edgy, it was dumb and it was just the right kind of weird I love. Well, mr. Fujimoto wasn't content with Fire Punch, he had to create Chainsawman, and with it, Makima, the figure in question.
 Let me tell you this from the outset, with Makima you're getting your money's worth. Five faceplates, tons of hands, alternate crouching legs and a soft-goods coat with bendy wire. I don't know what is it about this figure but she has a lot of swag. I've had so much fun posing her alongside other figures, so much so that I included a few other photos I took down below. Needless to say, the sculpt and the accessories are both excellent. I usually keep either fists or grabby hands(when figures use accessories) when it comes to Figuarts, but... I decided that Makima needed her pointing finger.
 Double jointed elbows and knees, butterfly joints and a ball-jointed waist are what you get with Makima, but that's not all, she has a ball-jointed ab-crunch hidden behind her shirt, as well as a ball joint on her pony tail. The range on her legs isn't perfect, and since she has alternate legs, they do pop off a bit easily if you go too far beyond their range, but other than that? She's perfectly fine, and there's a lot you can do with her. As mentioned before, I had so much fun posing her!
 I don't know if you could tell... but Makima is easily one of my favorite figures in my collection. She looks great, she is easy to pose and she is so much fun to play with. So much so, that here down below you get bonus shots!

10





 

No comments:

Post a Comment