Friday, September 20, 2024

Action Figure #428: DC Super Heroes Steel

  This is not the man of steel, but rather, the man IN steel.

 Anyone who liked comics in the 90s knew DAROS, even me who didn't even like Superman, and among the Superman pretenders I liked two in particular, Superboy and Steel. I even owned their action figures! So trust me, I love the fact that I get a new Steel figure.
 I love how this guy came out. Recently I read through DAROS, and Steel issues have him drawn with a very squared head, much like the figure himself. And for a DCUC figure... I mean, look at it, look at all the unique sculpting he received just for himself. From the shoulder pads, to the asymmetrical arms... a lot of work went into him, and it payed off.
 So, standard DCUC articulation, as per usual. That said, it might only be my figure, but he has no waist swivel. The shoulder pads are made out of a gummy material, so you can force them a bit out of the way to get more range out of his arms. He's slightly taller than the Bucky Cap mold.
 What can I say? As an action figure, I love all the unique sculpting he received. As an adaptation of the Steel character into plastic they knocked it out of the park, even remaining faithful to the artstyle with the square head. What more could you ask for? He looks cool, he is faithful to the source material and he is NOT just another head swap!
9.0

No comments:

Post a Comment