Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Action Figure #413: Marvel Legends Count Nefaria

 Can't be up to no good with such a nefarious name.

 I'm not the biggest Count Nefaria fan, but I've come across the guy throughout my Spider-man reading.... so I kinda wanted the guy. This is his more classic look, as opposed to his more modern suit-wearing iteration, but he is Nefaria alright.
 He's... he's a just your average Vulcan body with one of the worst capes Marvel Legends has ever made. He has a very simple costume, but I love the confident, nasty expression that they gave him. 
 Being made on the Vulcan sculpt means he has the usual issues with the shoulder pegs and arm sockets, which I fixed with super glue. Articulation is up to the par with the Vulcan mold. He is slightly taller than Bucky-Cap.
 And this is why the cape is so terrible. The chain that holds the cape is actually a separate piece, and the cape rests on his shoulder via that peg... but the port on his back is too shallow, so the cape always stays rather loose, and the peg is too long. This is the worst cape I've been on an ML to date.
 Honestly? This guy is a dud. Marvel Legends is coming out with horrible arms that seem to always stress the shoulder peg, his only accessory, the cape, doesn't work very well... and there's no reason such a basic figure should have so many issues. This, alongside my Superior Spider-man's right leg breaking... which happened to other people as I've seen on Reddit, is kinda turning me off from Marvel Legends. Will see what happens after BlackHeart's wave...
3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment