Friday, September 20, 2024

Action Figure #422: DC SuperHeroes Darkseid

 The dark seid of the moon.
 The big kahuna himself, I've been needing a Darkseid figure badly, and it seems my pleas were heard, because I found him on my local market at a decent price. Praise be the lord of action figures.
 The moment I got him out of the box I fell in love with him. He oozes DC Universe Classics charm, and the sculpt is fantastic. Sure, he is not as imposing as the DCUC BAF version, but as the Darkseid I could find for cheap? I'm more than happy with him. The musculature and the stern expression on his face are all glorious. He is also slightly larger than the average DCUC, which makes him look fantastic next to them. 
 Now then, the articulation is where things take a hit. While on paper he has the same articulation as other DCUC figures, sans the ab crunch...
 This is as far up as his arms can go. Not a huge deal, but still.
 And due to the skirt, he has practically no forward or backward leg moment.
 He is not the best action figure I have, not by a long shot, but man... he looks exactly as I would've hoped a Darkseid figure to look. He looks so... regal and scary next to my other DCUC figures, so even though his articulation isn't the best... he is good enough for a Darkseid figure.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment