Friday, March 7, 2014

Now Playing: Dissidia 012 - Final Fantasy

 Finally a good game!
 My first PSP game was Darkstalkers 3, and it was a fantastic game, but a game I had played before plenty of times. It's the best version of said game, but I repeat, I had played it before. Little Big Planet was fair, but it didn't click with me, and Mimana was downright terrible. Dissidia is pretty dang good for a change.

 I've wanted to play Dissidia ever since I heard of the first installment, Cloud? Final Fantasy fighting game? Characters flying around? I SO WANT. I waited and hoped for Squeenix to make a PS2 or PS3 HD port, something so that I could play it. Well, since it won't come to me, I will go to it, via PSP.

 I like it, I like it a lot. The one thing that doesn't click with me is how you have to equip characters with moves, and while I'm sure most players enjoy the customization, I am a Fighting game fan, screw customizable movesets, I want balanced, determined movesets for the whole cast without having to grind for it, there's 20 plus characters, surely they don't expect me to grind everyone's levels just so that I can enjoy 1 on 1 fighting, do they? They do, but that's besides the point, it seems the unlockable Lv 50 and Lv 100 presets are just what I want.

 Gameplay was a bit hard to grasp at first, I could get the gist of Circle attacks take away Bravery, Square attacks take away health, but the whole dodging/chasing mechanics, plus platforming and EX-Cores? It was a lot to take in at first, and the tutorial could've been a little more in-depth, but I think I got the hang of it. I approve of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment