Sunday, June 30, 2013

Month Overview: Game of June

  Games completed in June:
Chrono Cross                                 8                                              
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2                 6
War of Monsters                              8
Dynasty Warriors                              5
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore                    8
Injustice: Gods Among us                       8
Robotech: Battlecry                            7.5
Bushido Blade 2                                  9
State of Emergency                                 5
Rival Schools                                       9
The Legend of Dragoon                            9
Justice League Heroes                            7

 Awesome month. The only real stinker was Dynasty Warriors, leaving that one aside, they were mostly great games or games that were quite fun(State of Emergency was not very good, but it could be fun). Actually, there were two real shockers:
 A) I no longer love Chrono Cross as much as I used too
 B) I now love The Legend of Dragoon.
 Guess I gotta update my E-mail adress, eh!

 Game of June:
 This was actually hard to pick, since I had a blast with some of the other games, but all in all, Legend of Dragoon trumpted them all. Gotta admit I never thought I'd be giving The Legend of Dragoon accolades, yet here I am, considering it one of the greater PSOne RPGs, no the greastest, but above some the better of them.

 Runner-up:
 I almost chose Bushido Blade 2 or Robotech Battlecry. I almost created a "Runner-up Honorable mentions" section, but I didn't wanna cheat, so I had to make a choise.... and Rival Schools was above them. Sure, Bushido Blade 2 is quite unique and very fun, but RS is as fun as BB2, and unlike that game, has a memorable cast of very distinct characters. Robotech Battlecry was also a fantastic game, but unlike Rival Schools, sometimes it felt unfairly hard, plus the numerous sound glitches....
 My point is, Rival Schools stood on top of them, both in technical prowess and in the amount of fun it delivered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment