Saturday, June 1, 2013

Month Overview: Game of May

 Games completed in May:
Xenosaga 3      7
Tetris DS          8
Destrega           5
Xenogears        9
Dragon Valor   7.5

 May was a slow month, not many games. I finally slew my personal demon: The Xenosaga series, and as a bonus, got through Xenogears. It´s a bit of a stretch to include Tetris DS, since I did most of it during april, but I felt it would be a barren month without it, shucks!.

 Game of May:
 Easy. I´ve adored this game since I saw an Xpert Gamer article years ago and I learned of it´s existence. I have played this game many times before, and reached Deus(The last dungeon) at least once, but this was the first time that I´ve ever finished it. The ending did not dissapoint. What did dissapoint was the 2nd disc, it makes one wonder just how much better it could´ve been, and even with such a rushed 2nd disc, it still manages to make sense(Kinda) and be an all-around fantastic game.

Runner-up:
 It didn´t have much competition, but even so, Dragon Valor stands as a criminally underrated game. It´s not a "hidden gem", but it is above the par. It is a fun game, a bit repetitive, but it´s fun. And hey, it makes more sense than Xenosaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment