Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Archimpressions: Dynasty Warriors

 Oooooh boy...
 As I read the instruction booklet, and saw how it only had two attack buttons, but two defense buttons, I expected to find a really good and original, but forgotten, fighting game. I'm afraid that won't be the case. So I just finished the Arcade mode twice, with Zhao Yun and Guan Yu and... golly. For starters, each characters has such a small movelist, and the only way to access it is the... instruction booklet. Movement is very clunky, feels like Toshinden(And Toshinden is the definition of clunky).
 The character designs are really lame. They lack personality and some of them looks so generic... It's astounding how this game fathered the Dynasty Warriors game. Ah well, I'ma keep on keeping on, maybe as I get more comfortable with the game, it might turn out to be fun, but I can't see it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment