Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Archimpressions: Kirby's Epic Yarn

 I don't think this is my kind of game...
 Yeah, I don't like it too much. I applaud Nintendo for trying something different, but this is not for me. And it's not like I hate "cutesy" stuff, I adore Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, and I think the look of the game is pretty neat, it's the gameplay that fails to attract me. For starters, Kirby borrows some of Wario's classic mechanics, namely, he can't die. Instead, when he get hits he losses some of the gems he has collected. However, unlike Wario, there are no puzzles here, sure you can manipulate some of the backgrounds elements, but it's very straightforward. Then there's the music, it's too relaxing. Kirby always has upbeat "happy" music, the music in this game is way more "laid back" so to speak. I don't like it.
 The gameplay feels repetitive. I've only played two levels, but.... I don't think I'm gonna enjoy this one. It's different, that's for sure, but not my kind of different.

No comments:

Post a Comment